Leeds and Moortown Furniture Store Limited (L&MFS)
and its subsidiaries
LMFS Trading Ltd
GPDR Public Privacy Notice
Your personal data – what is it?
Personal data relates to a living individual who can be identified from that data. Identification can be by the information alone or in conjunction with any other information in the data controller’s possession or likely to come into such possession. The processing of personal data is governed by the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679.
Who are we?
Leeds and Moortown Furniture Store / LMFS Trading is the data controller (contact details below). This means it decides how your personal data is processed and for what purposes.
How do we process your personal data?
Leeds & Moortown Furniture Store / LMFS Trading complies with its obligations under the GDPR by keeping personal data up to date; by storing and destroying it securely; by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data; by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. We use your personal data for the following purposes: –
- To allow the collection and delivery of donated goods through the charity
- To process orders for new goods through the company
- To process Gift Aid applications
- To manage properly our employees and volunteers
- To maintain our accounts and records
What is the legal basis for processing your personal data?
|Function||Data type||Lawful basis|
|Accepting donations of furniture and similar||Personal identification
Address and contact details
Donations could not be collected without this information.
|Delivery of donated furniture to recipient||Personal identification
Address and contact details
Identification of referring agency
|Legitimate interest and Contract.
Deliveries could not take place without this information and a contract is entered to deliver goods.
|Make Gift Aid claims||Personal identification||Legal obligation as required by HMRC
|Supply of new furniture as ordered by client||Organisation details for financial and delivery requirements.||Contract.|
|Staff records||Personal details
HMRC Tax records
Other HR records
|Legal obligation to comply with Government Right to Work requirements.
Contract, as per contract of employment.
|Accounting and financial records||Mostly held within Sage accounting system||Legal obligation as required through company and charity law.|
Sharing your personal data
Your personal data will be treated as strictly confidential and will not be shared with any other organisation.
How long do we keep your personal data?
We keep your personal data for no longer than reasonably necessary and for a maximum period of 6 years to comply with company and charity law.
Your rights and your personal data
You have the following rights with respect to your personal data: –
- The right to request a copy of your personal data which L&MFS / LMFS Trading holds about you;
- The right to request that the L&MFS / LMFS Trading corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date;
- The right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for L&MFS / LMFS Trading to retain such data;
- The right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with his/her personal data.
- The right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing;
- The right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office.
Contact details, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org